Friday, August 1, 2014

LUSH (more organic stuff I put on my face and my hair....)

I know, it's been a minute since we posted. But really, when you have nothing to writ about, you have nothing to write about. So... sorry, not sorry.

I recently purchased several items from a cosmetic company called LUSH. They are committed to making all natural, organic, chemical free products such as soaps, conditioners, shampoos, facial masks, acne treatment, moisturizers, deodorants, etc. They also do not test their products on animals. I heard about Lush through one of my favorite youtubers, and decided to give it a try. No worries, I am still in love with Chagrin Valley, but it doesn't hurt to branch out, am I right? Of course right.

Of all 5 products I purchased, I love all 5. Seriously, these products are wondrous, and I am so peeved that I spent so much time and money putting chemicals in my hair and going to the dermatologists to be prescribed 500 different chemical/ medicinal treatments for my skin which NEVER WORKED. I have found the Mecca of skin and hair care products. Combined with Chagrin, I have achieved the status of WUNDERHAIR. I will explain in the following paragraphs:

Firstly, I love the shampoo bars from Chagrin, but I found recently that my hair has been a tad dry, probably due to the delightfully scorching weather around these parts. I purchased the "American Cream"  (clever, no?) conditioner from Lush. Firstly people, this thing smells like... a garden of just... dreams and rainbows and puppies. It is delightful. Some of the ingredients are as follows: Vanilla pod infusion (yummy), fresh organic oranges (ORANGES, PEOPLE), fresh strawberries (There are strawberries in my hair. Literally), clary sage oil, and lavender oil. There are other ingredients, less interesting, too numerous. Sorry if oxford commas annoy you, but I will never stop using them.
This conditioner, besides making me smell like everyone's favorite smell ever, makes my hair very light and soft. It is very de-tangling as well, so if you have that problem then you should check this out. PICTURE TIME:

 
Alright, the second product is a facial moisturizer called "Celestial". Before this, I was using a moisturizer from Neutrogena which I am pretty sure was making my face break out into oozing craters like nobodies business (Sorry Neutrogena...but...you kind of are awful). Celestial is the lightest, best covering moisturizer I have ever used. Not to mention the heavenly scent it exudes from your pores is other-worldly. I was slightly concerned when it arrived and I saw how small the container is, but this thing will last me until Christmas. You hardly have to use any to get full face-coverage. Highly recommend. It has a very vanilla-y scent.
 
 
(I think this eyebrow is just chronically...up)
 
The next product is a facial mask entitled: "Mask of Magnaminty". It's got mint in it... so... You can use it for your face and/or back. This container is a pretty good size. I've done the mask three times so far, and I really like it. It seems to really close up pores and reduce redness. And it smells like mint and grass after a rainstorm, so that's a plus. You only have to leave it on for 5-10 minutes, so it's a nice one if you are pressed for time. It is very cleansing.
 
 
The next product is probably my most favorite, because it has healed my skin. Which has not been this clear in 2 years. It's a gel called "Grease Lightning", and you just spread it on your trouble spots twice a day, and it works wonders. At least, it did for me. And after years of dermatologist visits and pills and 1,000 different creams three times a day, this has been the cheapest, most effective product I have ever used. It is beautiful. And I love it. My skin has almost completely healed in only 1 week.
 
 
(I don't know what this face is and I don't care)
 
The last product I purchased from Lush is a toner water called "Eau Roma Water". It is basically a cold tea infusion of rose hips and lavender, so again with the amaze-smelling face. I put it on once a day before the moisturizer and after the grease lightning, and it really helps keep my skin hydrated. I have naturally pretty dry skin, so I need all the help I can get. Also, keep this in your refrigerator and spritz it on in the morning and it will feel so nice. Especially in the summer, eau lala! 
 

Not going to lie; these products were on the pricey side. But you know what? They work. And I'm not putting chemicals and all sorts of nasty bad stuff on my hair or my skin anymore. I mean, skin is your largest organ...so you should probably be nice to it and treat it well. Or it will turn on you. Now, just as a rule, one should read all ingredients before using. Just because someone says they are organic and chemical free does not necessarily mean that they are. These products are, but I am given to understand that there are a few Lush products that are less then chemically free. Just as a warning, read all ingredients before use. These 5 are great though.

One more thing I started doing recently is drinking an absurd amount of water. I got a glass water container from the grocery store (Voss...that fancy Norwegian water) and I've been drinking about 2 1/2 - 3 of those a day. It's been helping with the skin issue and the insomnia issue and the depressed issue. Yay nature.


That thing is bigger than it looks. One of those is about 28 ounces. YUMMAY. Put fruit in your water too. It makes it more appealing. And pretty. And presentation is everything. Right?

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment